Wine Tour to Georgia
The Georgians are proud of their ancient history of wine making. Today the wine industry continues to prosper, and the country produces about 100 kinds of wine. Choosing Wine Tour to Georgia, you will visit the Georgian wine-making center – a picturesque region of Kakheti, explore delightful vineyards, go down into the cellars, learn the secrets of Georgian wine-making, as well as taste the famous Kakhetian wine. You will also visit the most famous attractions of the country and take part in an exciting master class on baking Georgian bread shoti and making national sweet churchkhela. This tour is suitable to all lovers of gastronomy tours and will give you an unforgettable experience.
Highlights of Wine Tour to Georgia
- Have an exciting city tour around Tbilisi - bright and hospitable capital of Georgia
- Have a trip to the picturesque region of Kakheti known for its excellent winemaking technologies
- Explore the best wine yards and taste the famous Georgian wine in Kakheti
- Take part in exciting master-classes of national bread shoti and sweet churchkhela preparation
- Arrival at the airport, transfer to the hotel
- City tour around Tbilisi – the bright and hospitable capital of Georgia
- The tour starts with the visit to the Museum of Fine Arts which holds the works of Georgian, Oriental, Russian and European artists.
- Trip to the historical district of Metekhi, where you will visit the Assumption Church located on the picturesque hill.
- Visit to one of the most famous city’s landmarks – the Bridge of Peace designed by a well-known Italian architect Michele De Lucchi.
- The cable car will take you to Narikala Fortress – the symbol of Tbilisi located on a hill. That’s an excellent location for memorable photos.
- Excursion to the sulfur baths – a complex of royal baths of XVII-XIX centuries. They were built on the warm sulfur springs and have a unique architecture. One of the most famous is Orbelian bath, which was once visited by Russian famous poet Alexander Pushkin.
- Stroll around Leselidze and Shardeni streets. The latter was named after the famous French traveler Jean Chardin. Here you will find souvenir boutiques and nice, cozy cafes for having a cup of coffee.
- Visit to the beautiful waterfall located in the Botanical Garden.
- Trip to Mtatsminda Mount by the cable car. From the top of the hill opens picturesque views on the entire city.
Overnight: hotel in Tbilisi
- Trip to Mtskheta – a beautifully renovated town belonging to the 2nd half of the I millennium BC, the first capital of Georgia.
- The excursion to the Svetitskhoveli Temple – the cathedral of the XI-th century, the main cathedral of Georgia and UNESCO Heritage object.
- Then you will go up the mountain to the monastery of Jvari. This area offers a breathtaking view of the confluence of the Aragvi and Kura rivers.
- Excursion to the wine company Chateau Mukhrani which is one of the must-visit venues for getting a fascinating insight into the traditions and secrets of Georgian wine-making. You will have a tour around the fabulous castle and cellars, amazing gardens and vineyards.
Overnight: hotel in Tbilisi
- Departure to Kakheti – the picturesque region famous for the producing of excellent Georgian wines. Here the wine is produced by special Kakhetian technology.
- Visit to Alaverdi Monastery located at the foot of the Caucasus Mountains, it was founded by the Assyrian monk Joseph Alaverdeli in the VI-th. The monks here prepare wine by millenary traditions and keep it in the unique wine cellar of the XI-th cent.
- A trip to the village of Kvareli and visit to the famous winery “Khareba”. Here you will have a tour around the factory, degustation of local wines, as well as a master class on baking Georgian bread shoti and national sweet churchkhela.
Overnight: hotel in Telavi
- Tour around Telavi – the center of Kakheti region. Telavi is well-known for its delightful landscapes.
- A trip to the village of Tsinandali known for its white dry wine Tsinandali
- Excursion to the Tsinandali estate founded in the XIX century by Alexander Chavchavadze – the famous poet and public figure of Georgia. The estate is known of its amazing labyrinth planted with exotic trees and for the cellars, where the unique collection of Georgian and European wine is preserved. Here you will have the chance to taste 4 types of wine among which Tsinandali – white dry specific for this village.
- The tour continues to the beautifully renovated town of Sighnagi – “the town of love”. It is famous for its architecture in the style of southern Italian classicism.
Overnight: hotel in Tbilisi
- Transfer to the airport, departure
The price of the tour is 538 EUR per person
The single supplement is 83 EUR per person
Detailed Tour Information
The price of the tour includes:
- Transfer from/to the airport
- Accommodation in hotels for 5 nights (in double rooms)
- Meals – breakfast
- All transfers are performed by air-conditioned/heated cars/buses
- English-speaking guide service during all days
- Wine tastings (in Mtskheta Chateau, Khareba master class and wine tasting, Tsinandali wine tasting)
- Admission fees (Narikala cable car, Mtacminda Funicular, Museum of Fine Arts)
The price of the tour doesn't include:
- Medical insurance
- Visa fee
- Lunch and dinner
Hotel in Tbilisi: 3* Astoria Hotel or similar
Hotel in Telavi: 3* Alazani Valley Hotel or similar
Passport, flight ticket (printed or electronic), insurance, visa (if required)
Credit/debit cards, cash (cards can be used in city, cash in regions), moneybelt, laptop/tablet/phone, chargers, camera with extra memory cards and batteries, outlet adapter
First-aid kit (plaster, antibacterial gel, cold medicine), umbrella
Please note, that to enter Georgian orthodox churches ladies will need to have scarves for covering their heads (they can find some at the entrances). In some cases, ladies will be warned to wear skirts. Short trousers are forbidden in the church.
- Spring/Autumn. Light clothing and clothing with long sleeves for a cool evening, rainproof shoes and raincoat in case of rain
- Summer. Light clothing preferably made of natural fabric, a hat for sun protection, sunglasses
- Winter. Warm clothing, coats, waterproof warm shoes, scarf, gloves